Spicy Gingerbread Cupcakes w/Mango Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbs Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbs Jehu Mad Mango Medium hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs Attar Five Spice Powder
- 1 egg
- 8oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs Mango hot sauce
- 2 tbs Honey-Ginger Balsamic Reduction (see below)
- 1/4 cup of the vinegar with 1 tbs of honey cooked very slowly over a low/medium heat until desired thickness)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix all the cake ingredients until well blended and there are no longer lumps.
DO NOT FOLLOW THE CAKE MIX DIRECTIONS ON THE BOX!!
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean:
5-6 for mini cupcakes
6-7 for regular sized cupcakes
20-25 for 8x8 cake pan
While baking, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Add the powdered sugar, Mad Mango and warm balsamic reduction and beat again.